Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bulletin Board Decorating

Today I went up to my school to get a head start on decorating my classroom for this school year.  There wasn't any AC in the building today so it was HOT, but I did get quite a bit accomplished.  I got started on my new word wall, which looks really good so far.  I ran out of tape halfway through though, so that pursuit was put on hold until later.

I did manage to finish the bulletin board outside my classroom door.  I saw an idea on Pinterest that I thought would work well for me, so I went for it.  I saw the post by Counseling with Confidence, who posted a link to Entirely Elementary....School Counseling.  This blog includes pics of her bulletin board, and links print the "BE" words (already made - LOVE IT!)

Here is my finished product:


It's a little busy, but I figured that would be just right in a middle school hallway!  All I had to do was print the words, trim them up, and put them on colorful construction paper.   I like it!

20 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!! Would you mind sharing it? I'd love a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please use it! If you follow the link above the picture to "Entirely Elementary...School Counseling" you can download and print all of the words ALREADY MADE! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using this tomorrow! School in Australia starts on Wednesday. I'll send you a photo when it's done. Thanks for sharing such a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea i could do this for anyone, as a gift......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky, our bulletin boards have to have a rubric and a core standard attached. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. what are the words on your border?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "handsdown", perfect! You are my hero Sarah for teaching this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to make this as a gift for the Kindergarteners moving on to 1st grade! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried finding it on teachers pay teachers and it is not there. Can someone help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the red letters above where she tells where she got the idea/printable from. It will take you to the Entirely Elementary blog it came from. Then click on her files where she has words and signs from the original bulletin board

      Delete
  10. Absolutely Awesome! I downloaded it and plan on putting it up tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much! A great message for 5th graders, or any age for that matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried using the entirely elementary link... but can't find. Can someone help please

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love this idea and hope you will not mind if I borrowed a little bit of your ideas. thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan Driscoll -- here is the link (I know you were looking a year ago!): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14FHsMHF_7PVGR4U2pBTXZvSGs/view

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah - I would LOVE to use this bulletin board idea but it seems the links to the words no longer work. Any idea how I could access them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - just read KylieBGeorges post of Aug 6th... Thank you!

      Delete
  18. I love this eye catcher!!!

    Please share

    ReplyDelete